INTERVIEW: WHEN DO YOU THINK IS THE RIGHT TIME TO START DATING?

There is a point in time in all our lives when we finally meets the right person for life to date or be in relationship with, which in most cases, we end up getting married to.

In the stages of a person’s life, as one grows from childhood, through to adulthood, there is a natural desire (hormonal changes) to get close to the opposite sex.

In an interview with an open-minded student from the Ghana Institute of Journalism, Miss Aaliyah Duvi-Rony on the Campus Show, we get enlightened and educated on the the reasons why so many people, especially young people rush into dating.

Miss Aaliyah Duvi-Rony.

We all feel love equally wanting to extend this affectionate love to the opposite sex at a point in time in our lives. But the gaping question has always been; when is that time?

A date is an appointment to meet someone or go out with them, especially someone with whom you are having, or may soon have, a romantic relationship with. If you have a date with someone with whom you are having, or may soon have, a romantic relationship, you can refer to that person as your date.

One of the main purposes of dating is for two or more people to evaluate one another’s suitability as a long term companion or spouse. Often physical characteristics, personality, financial status, and other aspects of the involved persons are judged and, as a result, feelings can be hurt and confidence shaken.

Notwithstanding, there is always a right time to do everything as the Holy Bible categorically states, which dating is not an exception of. Age alone is not enough factor to determine the right time to date, it’s just a number.

There are other grounds on which one must stand to make decisions concerning dating and when it the appropriate time to do so. About 40% of people between the ages of 15 and 35 years are dating. The remaining 60% are either married or single for various obvious reasons. The following are 3 quick, short purposes for dating.

What are the 3 purposes for dating?

  • You learn what you really want, and what you really don’t want (even if you thought you already knew) …
  • You learn to recognize your own value (even when others don’t) …
  • You have the simple opportunity to get to know another human being.

We enter into relationships for the same reason we do everything else in our lives: because we are motivated by our needs. We seek out others in order to fulfill our unfulfilled needs. Alone we feel empty and isolated. We can see how important it is for us to feel that we are with someone else.

Most people who are dating fails to consider the timing and they say it’s not right to do so. They neither consider their readiness on maturity level before dating or the beautiful partner they think they have found.

They only date probably because they feel they are of age, old enough to get into a relationship, everyone is doing it or they have the most beautiful partners to do that with.

As a person who desires to date the opposite sex, the following few points must be considered. One must be of right age; the right age in the sense that, old enough to reason for yourself, to take certain critical decisions.

Essential things to note when going into dating.

Preferably, before one jumps into dating , he/she should be from 18 and above with a sound mind. Also, one must be ready physiologically and mentally stable to date. Again, one must know why he or she wants to date or go in for a relationship. Finally, one must understand its terms and conditions.

The problem with dating at the wrong time can affect a person in diverse ways. It’s not advisable to just wake up one day and start dating. Get to Know all that important things you need to know about your partner, and make the right decision eventually. Everything done at the right time produces good result.

Meanwhile, there is a general notion surrounding women with the Islamic fate and this notion is that, as a Muslim woman, you need to maintain a high degree of modesty. The Holy Qur’an promotes the wearing of the Hijab or religious scarf, in an interview with a student from Ghana Institute Of Journalism, Miss Sherifatu Zakari, she told me all about the hijab. Watch full video here.

Watch full the video.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Create your website with WordPress.com
Get started
%d bloggers like this: